We often see little girls wearing pretty bows and other accessories in their hair. Every little girl loves to wear colorful accessories that will accentuate their beauty. But have you ever wondered how manufacturers make their hair bows? Well, you might be surprised that it is very easy. You can even make it at home. You will just need the right materials and the right techniques to make your personalized hair bows.
Making Hair Bows is an Easy and Fun Hobby
Making hair bows can become a hobby to many women, especially mothers who spend their entire day at home. They enjoy making hair bows not only to pass time but also to give it to their daughters for accessories. With just the right amount of knowledge and creativity, making hair bows can become a form of art for mothers staying at home.
Materials and the Steps on How to Make Hair Bows
Making hair bows is very easy. What are the materials you need in order to make a hair bow? You will need sharp scissors, fine lightweight floral wire or thread, glue gun, glue stick, 30 inches of 7/8 inch high quality grosgrain ribbon, and single or double pronged alligator clip. These materials can be found in your local craft store, and they are quite affordable. You should be very creative in making your hair bows. After completing all the materials needed for your hair bow, here are the following steps in making a simple hair bow.
• Cut the ribbon (grosgrain ribbon or satin) into half, use the larger piece to make the loop.
• Make the next loop by bringing the smaller half of the ribbon around the back.
• Bring the smaller half in front again to make the hair bow shape.
• Insert the needle with thread in the center of your hair bow to make a tight wrap.
• Sew in you alligator clip on the rear side of your hair bow.
• Use a 5 inches ribbon and fold it in half, making it 0.50 inch wide.
• Form a simple knot and place it on the top of you bow.
• Wrap the raw edges and sew them together.
• Trim all the rough edges as well as the tail and your hair bow is finished!
Hair bows are simple accessories you can make inside your homes without using any expensive machineries and materials. With creativity and hard work, you can accomplish many kinds of designs of hair bows you can either use for your own or sell it in the market for additional income. It is really up to you as long as you gain enjoyment and satisfaction.